EASA Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) Continuation Course: Target Group 1 and 2
Last updated 7/2020 // English
Share This Class:
The Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) Continuation online training is mandatory aviation training of EWIS.
It is applicable for all maintenance engineers, technicians and mechanics in maintenance organizations (Part-145 AMO) and also for technical staff in Continuing Airworthiness Management Organizations (Part-M CAMO).
It assures validity of certification authorization and compliance with regulations for next two years. Includes brief review of basics of EWIS systems.
This training includes new instructions issued which are related to the material, tools, documentation and manufacturer’s or competent authority’s directives.
On-line Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) Continuation course – Power Point presentation. Duration 2,5 hours
Compliance of the course
The content of EWIS course is in compliance with AMC 20-22, EASA (ED 2008/007/R of 29/08/2008) training program.
The aim of content
The term ‘EWIS’ refers to the principles which apply to aeronautical design, certification, training, operations and maintenance whilst seeking to ensure safe activities in engineering, maintenance, documentation and to expose possible problems of wiring interconnection systems on new and old aircraft types.
In order to reduce the impact of EWIS, it is highly important to ensure that all the processes involved in the maintenance of aeronautical products are analyzed and any procedural requirements are adhered to at all times.
Many investigations of accidents/incidents in aviation have revealed EWIS to be an important element in the chain of unfortunate events.
The objectives of the course
- Familiarisation with the elements of EWIS
- Overview of the history and background and recognise the elements requiring consideration in relation to EWIS
- Overview of the EASA and FAA regulatory requirements
- Overview of EASA AMC guidance material AMC 20-21, -22 & -23
- Overview of the impact of EWIS on the Part M/G continuing airworthiness management, Part-145 maintenance and components intended to be fitted thereto.
- General overview of EWIS damages and aging
- General electrical wiring interconnection system practices
- Wiring practice documents such as ESWPMStandard practice for electrical installation using EWIS standards
- Lesson 1 – Introduction, theoretical backgrounds and investigation findings
- Lesson 2 – Need for ewis and causes for ewis degradation
- Lesson 3 – Ewis applicability and general guidelines
- Lesson 4 – Ewis failures, damages and findings
- Lesson 5 –Cable installation practices (clamping, slack, bend radii)
- Lesson 6 – Cable installation practices (ewis replacement, adding wires)
- Lesson 7 – Cable installation practices (terminals, terminal lugs, terminal stacking)
- Lesson 8 – Grounding, bonding, ewis identification, connectors
- Lesson 9 – Wire separation, wire marking, circuit brakers
- Lesson 10 – Airworthiness requirements, ewis inspections, inspection areas, documentation
Hurry, this special price will expire in
In this course you will get:
- 2,5 hours of video
- 180 days of access
- Access on PC, mobile and TV
- Instant certificate of completion in PDF